Search This Blog


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Implant Surgery Date Set! Sept. 8, 2010

Just got the news today from my plastic surgeon's office that my surgery date of 9/8 has been approved. I will finally have the tissue expanders removed and replaced with the final implants, on the day after my 54th birthday.

Doc says to expect a 2-week recovery (probably longer for full speed dancing). This might have been scheduled sooner (in Aug.) but he is out of town the whole month of August, thus the Sept. date.

I received my last saline fill on Friday of last week, which evened me up (caught the right side up with the left). I'm still very lopsided though, (right side is much higher) but hopefully that will be fixed. These expanders are very uncomfortable; they feel like large rocks on my chest that don't move.

I'm also still struggling with pain in my left shoulder & arm, which turns out to be radial nerve compression due to the muscles pressing on the nerve.

All in all, I'm doing great, and feeling very hopeful. Soon this will be behind me. My energy is still not up to par, but it's getting better every day (as long as I don't overdo it.)

Love to you all, and thanks for reading my updates!

Rhonda




No comments:

Post a Comment